CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The countdown continues

Now i am at 56 days. The countdown until i leave freinds and family and travel into the unkown.

I have a choice. When i move i can work at the movie theatre, canadian tire (like walmart),tim hortons(candian starbucks) or teach boxing. I want to teach boxing but its like boxercise and its going to be hard to get a steady flow of cash. I also have to choose between a school with 900 kids and lots of class choices but also a high drug rating because it is in a military town and all the kids have nothing to do so they get baked. or a school of 300 that has less drugs and classes but if i go there i have to do a 45 minute religion class everyday. I am undecided on Religion i was baptised Roman Catholic but i am unsure. I never realy went to church. i am a christmas eve, thanksgiving roman catholic.

what are your thoughts lily im pretty much writing a blog for you :) haha

2 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

We do have Tim Hortons down here too. Sometimes they have a Starbucks inside.

I've always thought the less discipline & drug problems, the better the education. It depends on if you have adequate class choices in the religious school. Down here they have much better education opportunties than the public schools. I have my own opinions about the Catholic religion... nuff said. I attend a Nazarene church. We don't have all the ceremonial type things, but have a super praise & worship! Even though you are undecided about religion, it can't hurt to learn more about it. I wish I could send all my grandkids to a Christian school. My daughter went to a Catholic school in her Junior year. She loved it, but I couldn't afford it. Typically those students are more prepared for college than public school students here. Not knowing anything about your schools, it's hard to say. But if you were here, I'd tell you that you'd be a fool to pass up the smaller school as long as they have an adequate curriculum. Kids I know that go into the religious schools are thrilled with how easily they fit in. And the environment is more conducive to learning.

As far as the job... If you can make enough doing the boxing thing - do it! Or do it and a few hours somewhere else. As the boxing begins to pay off, you can slack off the other job. You are at a great moment in your working career. It is a blessing to be able to make a living doing what you love! Good luck and keep me posted.

Lillian Robinson said...

Oh yeah, I forgot my standard line... I tell everyone that hates their job this: You go to work to make the money that lets you do what you want when you get off work. So if the job you choose, pays adequate but sucks, have fun with the money!